[FIXED] Managing music files

Forum to discuss iMonkey iPhone/iPod Touch client for MediaMonkey

[FIXED] Managing music files

Postby lalnaes » Sun Sep 21, 2008 2:53 am

This is just the iPhone application I've been waiting for.

The sample pictures do not show how one navigates to find music in the MediaMonkey library on the PC. Is it possible to browse the entire library or for instance access predefined filters? What about a search function?
lalnaes

Re: Managing music files

Postby Melloware » Sun Sep 21, 2008 6:32 am

For the first release I wanted to get core controlling ability and ability to select from your current playlist down tight. This is NOT an Apple Remote clone for Itunes. Apple has the fortunate circumstance of controlling both the client (iphone Apple Remote) and the Server (Itunes). I can control the client (iMonkey) but I am at the mercy of what MediaMonkey provides access to on the server.

AS for browsing artist and album that will most likely not be anytime soon for a few reasons.

1. You have to be really careful about how much data you can send back and forth to the iphone. So you can't just load your 70,000 song library and expect it to be sent to the iphone so you can navigate it. That means you have to write a really smart query engine on the back that only sends very small amounts of data back to the iphone for display. So that is planned for a future version but I can't say how far in the future.

2. I am constrained by what the MediaMonkey API allows. I can't support every single feature of MM on the iphone if the MM API doesn't allow a function for it. I have a email into one of their developers "Peke" and he said he would provide me with access to more features in the API but I have not heard back from him.

So those are the reasons version 1.0 you can control the now playing and the playlist.

So if you were expecting a FULL Apple Remote like for MediaMonkey then iMonkey is NOT there yet so please don't purchase if that is what you need. I am doing the best I can though!
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Melloware Inc.
http://www.melloware.com
Melloware
Site Admin

Re: Managing music files

Postby Melloware » Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:05 pm

lalnaes wrote:This is just the iPhone application I've been waiting for.

The sample pictures do not show how one navigates to find music in the MediaMonkey library on the PC. Is it possible to browse the entire library or for instance access predefined filters? What about a search function?

If you need to navigate your MM Library from your iPhone or Google Android device our new product MonkeyTunes is the solution for you.

http://melloware.com/products/monkeytunes/
Melloware Inc.
http://www.melloware.com
Melloware
Site Admin

Return to iMonkey (closed)