[SOLVED] Can't Open Rivermote On IPhone

Forum to discuss RiverMote iPhone/iPod Touch client for J. River Media Center

Re: Can't Open Rivermote On IPhone

Postby jcr102 » Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:31 pm

I ran the DrTCP with the default settings but found no difference.
jcr102

Postby Melloware » Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:51 pm

jcr102 wrote:I ran the DrTCP with the default settings but found no difference.

Damn. I am starting to be stumped. I am seeing nothing in the logs that looks out of the ordinary and now I have two users that have the same problem. One of my users has been with me for about a year and it just started happening. I haven't changed any code so I can't imagine why this would be disconnecting.

I test here with MC12, MC13, and MC14 and can't reproduce this error. Mine connects and operates fine. I would hope it would either happen to everybody or happen to nobody but that does not appear to be the case. So something different is happening on you and PensFan66 machines. I just need to figure out what?
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Melloware Inc.
http://www.melloware.com
Melloware
Site Admin

Postby krispy71 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:51 pm

Hi All,

I found this thread while troubleshooting the same kind of iphone connection issues. Changed ports, established telnet connection successfully etc. Continued to get the momentary blue indicator in system tray and then dropped connection. Today I saw the thread by the guy with Win7 x64 and saw that he turned off his bluetooth in his iphone and successfully connected there after. I did the same and now I'm in like Flynn.

Try turning off your bluetooth radio.

Tony
krispy71

Postby Melloware » Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:03 pm

Wow turning off Bluetooth did it? That is a very bizarre solution but I guess a good one!
Melloware Inc.
Melloware
Site Admin

Re: [SOLVED] Can't Open Rivermote On IPhone

Postby GazeboFish » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:20 am

Hi,

Um, sorry to butt in with bad news...

I've basically followed along with everything done in this thread. Restarts, firewalls are completely off, I can netstat and see everything, bluetooth is switched off.

I get the momentary blue flash on the server, then the iPhone software still crashes - even with bluetooth off.

The only difference is I'm using an iPod Touch, not an iPhone.

Would that matter?

I'm at a bit of a loss otherwise as to what else to do.

Very nice software other than that :)

Cheers and thanks for any suggestions you can make.
GazeboFish

Postby Melloware » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:49 am

And you are on the latest OS FIrmware for your iPod Touch?
Melloware Inc.
Melloware
Site Admin

Postby GazeboFish » Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:22 am

Hi, thanks for the quick reply. I'm using 3.1.3 (7E18) which iTunes reports is the latest version. Sorry :)

Cheers
GazeboFish

Postby Melloware » Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:32 am

GazeboFish wrote:Hi, thanks for the quick reply. I'm using 3.1.3 (7E18) which iTunes reports is the latest version. Sorry :)

Cheers

Well that is good news, that is the same version I am on. I am stumped.
Melloware Inc.
Melloware
Site Admin

Postby GazeboFish » Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:25 am

Oh well :)

I'll have a play with it and see if I can think of anything else to turn off or change settings on.

Does your MediaMonkey remote use the same mechanism to connect to the PC? I was going to buy it anyway, so could install that and see if it works, if that was useful?

Thanks for having a look through.

(And I might not be back for 12 hours or so)
GazeboFish

Postby Melloware » Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:28 pm

GazeboFish wrote:Oh well :)

I'll have a play with it and see if I can think of anything else to turn off or change settings on.

Does your MediaMonkey remote use the same mechanism to connect to the PC? I was going to buy it anyway, so could install that and see if it works, if that was useful?

Thanks for having a look through.

(And I might not be back for 12 hours or so)

Well our iMonkey uses the exact same mechanism as RiverMote so I would expect the same behavior. However try our MonkeyTunes app...It uses the Apple Remote as the app.

http://melloware.com/products/monkeytunes/
Melloware Inc.
Melloware
Site Admin

Postby avinteriors » Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:43 am

As a systems integrator who has high high hopes of using JRiver MC in installs, I was very excited to find the rivermote app.

However having loaded it last night (running JRMC 15.00.28) I had exactly the same trouble described by this post, which I don't see as solved anywhere. I have however found the reason for the clients inability to stay open.

If the Rivermote server opens JRMC and you go to the iphone app, it will, as others have described, only open briefly. If however you start a track playing in JRMC it will open fine and work as expected. Its not very convenient and clearly a bug, but at least it works. Looking forward to an update to fix this ASAP.
avinteriors

Postby Melloware » Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:59 am

avinteriors wrote:As a systems integrator who has high high hopes of using JRiver MC in installs, I was very excited to find the rivermote app.

However having loaded it last night (running JRMC 15.00.28) I had exactly the same trouble described by this post, which I don't see as solved anywhere. I have however found the reason for the clients inability to stay open.

If the Rivermote server opens JRMC and you go to the iphone app, it will, as others have described, only open briefly. If however you start a track playing in JRMC it will open fine and work as expected. Its not very convenient and clearly a bug, but at least it works. Looking forward to an update to fix this ASAP.

OK let me go though this so I can test here and fix it.

1. If you start the iPhone app but NO track is playing you get the problem.

2. If you have a track loaded in JRMC or playing and then open the iPhone app it will work?

This should be no problem to fix.
Melloware Inc.
Melloware
Site Admin

Postby GMan78 » Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:18 pm

Greetings Melloware...

Just bought myself a new wireless router...hooked up, connected. Could hardly wait to try your app! But I am having the same problem. As soon as I launch the client application on my iPhone within a second the app closes. Is there a resolution to this? I do not have Bluetooth on....

Thanks.

George
GMan78

Postby Melloware » Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:01 am

GMan78 wrote:Greetings Melloware...

Just bought myself a new wireless router...hooked up, connected. Could hardly wait to try your app! But I am having the same problem. As soon as I launch the client application on my iPhone within a second the app closes. Is there a resolution to this? I do not have Bluetooth on....

Thanks.

George

Do you have a song already playing in JRMC before you start the iPhone app? Also paste your rivermote.log file here.
Melloware Inc.
Melloware
Site Admin

Postby GMan78 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:18 am

Thanks for the fast reply! I'm at work so I can't get you logs. Yes, if I start a song in JRMC15 on the server it works great...love it btw, looking forward to completing my hardware for zone control! But, if a song is not launched first the app closes almost immediately on the iPhone. Thoughts?

George
GMan78

PreviousNext

Return to RiverMote (closed)