Cannot connect, ran thru the Connection FAQ but no joy

Forum to discuss RiverMote iPhone/iPod Touch client for J. River Media Center

Cannot connect, ran thru the Connection FAQ but no joy

Postby NickSutton » Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:55 pm

I have purchased and installed rivermote. It downloaded to my iTouch, and I manually downloaded the rivermote.exe server on my PC. I have WiFi connectivity, and I am sure that my rivermote IP address is set correctly on the iTouch, and the port is set to 6002. I ran through the connection FAQ added port 6002 as an allowed port thru windows firewall and disabled defender as suggested. I am running vista, and when I did a netstat -an I see "0.0.0.0:6002 LISTENING". But when I try to launch the app on the iTouch the icon flies up to the corner and comes back to it's original position immediately, so I assume the app is just failing to launch right away. I am using JRMC 14. I looked at the logs you have suggested in some of the other threads, and they look okay. The event log really doesn't have much in it (I don't have the logs with me at the moment or I would post them.

Any suggestions? As I said I before ran through the whole connection FAQ, but still have not got it working.

Thanks.
NickSutton

Re: Cannot connect, ran thru the Connection FAQ but no joy

Postby Melloware » Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:44 pm

Wait so when you run the app on the iPod Touch the app begins to open then immediately closes?

Sounds like a corrupt install.

1. Sync your iPod with Itunes.

2. Delete Rivermote from your Ipod by holding HOME button down for 3 seconds until the icons begin to rumble. Then click the little X to delete it from your iPod.

3. Sync with Itunes.

4. Make sure you have the latest iPod firmware available.

5. Now reinstall Rivermote. Apple won't charge you again because it knows you already purchased it.

6. Re-sync with Itunes.
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Melloware Inc.
http://www.melloware.com
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Melloware
Site Admin

Return to RiverMote (closed)