[SOLVED] Error expecting: sendplc address {Dim I Bright }

Forum to discuss X10 Commander iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android client for X10 Devices

[SOLVED] Error expecting: sendplc address {Dim I Bright }

Postby asylum00 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:03 am

I installed Commander a couple weeks ago, everything went fine and was working well until a few days later I began getting a Server Error. Last night I played around with it a little bit and got it to work again, added a few new modules, everything worked. This morning, I'm getting the same Server Error again:

Server Error
Server disconnected. Check host 192.168.1.67 and port 6003 are correct in main Setting application.

Host IP and port settings match in the app and program.

I was also having problems with Commander shutting down last night everytime I attempted to dim an X10 lamp module. When I get this thing running again, I'll post that error message if it continues to happen.

Any ideas on where to start with fixing this problem? I've checked the firewall and settings and those seem to be in order. Since everything worked last night, what could have changed overnight?
asylum00

Re: Server Disconnected

Postby Melloware » Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:05 am

Did your computer go to sleep or reboot where it would have changed the IP Address of the PC? Hibernation or losing your WIFI signal on the PC can cause it to grab a new IP Address unless you set it for Static IP?

Are you using the latest 1.9.1 Server version?
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Melloware Inc.
http://www.melloware.com
Melloware
Site Admin

Postby asylum00 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:16 am

I don't think the computer rebooted, but the screen saver was on. My internet connection does get spotty at times and goes off for a few seconds at a time a few times a day, but I checked the IPs this morning on the program and the app and they were the same. I believe that I have a static IP, but I don't remember setting Commander for a static IP, could this be the problem?

I am using 1.9.1 Server Version.
asylum00

Postby Melloware » Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:18 am

OK even if the Server UI reports the same IP Address i think if your WIFI is spotty our TCP connection gets broken and does not recover. So the app looks like it is working fine when it is not. There might be error's in the LOG file.
Melloware Inc.
Melloware
Site Admin

Postby asylum00 » Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:57 pm

I think I have things figured out as far as connection issues are concerned, commander has been working well for several days now.

Now I am getting server errors and disconnects whenever I try to dim any of my otherwise dimmable modules:

Code: Select all
[ERROR]  ERROR ActiveScript Error: Expecting SendPLC [Address] [Dim | Bright] Level (In Percent)
asylum00

Postby Melloware » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:39 am

I know the error, do you have your device in the Server UI set for "Marmitek CM15 Pro". try changing it in the dropdown to "CM15/CM19" in the list and I bet this error goes away!
Melloware Inc.
Melloware
Site Admin

Re: [SOLVED] Error expecting: sendplc address {Dim I Bright }

Postby asylum00 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:36 am

Oh good, I'll try that tonight. I did change that setting from CM15 to that Marmitek listing when troubleshooting the previous problem, hopefully switching it back will get everything running now just as it should. Thank you for the help!
asylum00

Re: [SOLVED] Error expecting: sendplc address {Dim I Bright }

Postby Tsjompie » Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:28 am

This did the trick for me.

Tsjompie

Return to X10 Commander