You know what would be REALLY cool?

Forum to discuss X10 Commander iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android client for X10 Devices

You know what would be REALLY cool?

Postby Rocket J Squirrel » Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:37 am

Voice command integration with Siri (on the latest iPhone 4S) would be really cool. 8)

I wonder whether there's an API which would allow me to pick up my new iPhone and say "X10 turn on porch light" or "X10 dim TV room floods to 50 percent".

That would be so cool I would pay extra for it.
Rocket J Squirrel

Re: You know what would be REALLY cool?

Postby Melloware » Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:23 am

I thought of that too. Let me look and see if there is a SIRI API.

Somehow I remember reading it was not open to developers and only the apple applications like Calendar, Contacts, Find My Friends, etc were integrated.
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Melloware Inc.
http://www.melloware.com
Melloware
Site Admin

Postby nanovirus » Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:43 am

I think it will happen when Siri comes out of beta.

Think it would be very cool! Like Star trek ! Siri, (a sound) all lights off. (all lights off)
nanovirus

Postby Rocket J Squirrel » Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:34 pm

There must be some kind of voice recognition API for 3rd party developers. I use a shopping list app called Grocery Gadget which has a voice feature. I can say "bananas" and bananas get added to my shopping list. This isn't the same as just lifting the phone and going through Siri, because you have to launch the app first and tap on the little microphone. But that's no big deal.
Rocket J Squirrel

Postby Melloware » Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:35 pm

Rocket J Squirrel wrote:There must be some kind of voice recognition API for 3rd party developers. I use a shopping list app called Grocery Gadget which has a voice feature. I can say "bananas" and bananas get added to my shopping list. This isn't the same as just lifting the phone and going through Siri, because you have to launch the app first and tap on the little microphone. But that's no big deal.

I have seen it in other apps too. From what I understand using any kind of voice recognition in an app is usually a component they purchased and not something open source that can be freely used which is why you don't see voice recognition in every app. If Apple opens up the SIRI protocol that would be very cool for all developers!
Melloware Inc.
http://www.melloware.com
Melloware
Site Admin

Postby Tybird » Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:21 am

Melloware wrote:
Rocket J Squirrel wrote:There must be some kind of voice recognition API for 3rd party developers. I use a shopping list app called Grocery Gadget which has a voice feature. I can say "bananas" and bananas get added to my shopping list. This isn't the same as just lifting the phone and going through Siri, because you have to launch the app first and tap on the little microphone. But that's no big deal.

I have seen it in other apps too. From what I understand using any kind of voice recognition in an app is usually a component they purchased and not something open source that can be freely used which is why you don't see voice recognition in every app. If Apple opens up the SIRI protocol that would be very cool for all developers!

Yeah I use the same app and love it should also use my coupon app . Apple need to do alot of work on Siri . She can't turn on wifi , Bluetooth but she can set timer & and alarm clock.
Tybird

Postby Jason B » Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:49 pm

Bump for a cool idea or "in app purchase" :)
Jason B

Postby Jason B » Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:07 pm

Looks like it's a reality!

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=10950
Jason B

Return to X10 Commander