[FIXED] Zwave for Europe

Forum to discuss Lightswitch/ZWave Commander iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android home automation application

Re: Zwave for Europe

Postby jaga01 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:49 pm

Melloware wrote:
jaga01 wrote:Hi, No. ControlThink does not sell to europe. When you try to order through Google you are stopped when you are going to pay the goods. The comment is that ControlThink does not sell directly to europe. So then what do we do?
//Jacob

Hmmm...well then how effizeti above get the SDK? He is in Germany. Maybe send him an email at fz@engineer.com to ask him how he did it? Because he is the one who reported to me the only way to getthe European sticks working was to have the ControlThink SDK license.

He got it before ControlThink decided not to deal directly with europe. They changed policies arround new year.
You can check with them!!
jaga01

Postby Melloware » Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:04 pm

jaga01 wrote:He got it before ControlThink decided not to deal directly with europe. They changed policies arround new year.

OH NO. This totally sucks. You might have to ask Apple for a refund because my software only works with the ControlThink SDK and if you can't get a valid license for your European USB key then it won't do you any good. I had no idea ControlThink changed their policy. I would give you the refund directly but Apple does not allow us developers to get in the process at all they control everything.
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Melloware Inc.
http://www.melloware.com
Melloware
Site Admin

Postby jaga01 » Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:29 pm

Melloware wrote:
jaga01 wrote:He got it before ControlThink decided not to deal directly with europe. They changed policies arround new year.

OH NO. This totally sucks. You might have to ask Apple for a refund because my software only works with the ControlThink SDK and if you can't get a valid license for your European USB key then it won't do you any good. I had no idea ControlThink changed their policy. I would give you the refund directly but Apple does not allow us developers to get in the process at all they control everything.

Hi,
:idea: Why don´t you become a ControlThink reseller especially for the sdk. It is only a downloadable item. Then your products that is dependable of the sdk can function in europe.
//Jacob :)
jaga01

Postby slarti » Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:43 am

Hello

I live in Finland and have the same problem like everyone else from europe. Now I found this usb stick. Will this work with Zwave Commander?

Thanks
slarti

Postby Melloware » Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:03 am

slarti wrote:Hello

I live in Finland and have the same problem like everyone else from europe. Now I found this usb stick. Will this work with Zwave Commander?

Thanks

Yes the ControlThink stick will work in Finland. Except I don't think I sell Zwave Commander in the Finland AppStore. Do you want me to add it to the Finland AppStore?
Melloware Inc.
Melloware
Site Admin

Postby slarti » Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:08 am

Yes the ControlThink stick will work in Finland.

Great news! Will I need the ThinkEssentials-software or will your .exe be enough?

Except I don't think I sell Zwave Commander in the Finland AppStore.

I didn't even know Finland had it's own AppStore... :oops: I'm considering buying the Ipod touch 8gb just for the zwave commander and intelliremote to replace my existing remote (I have no other use for it). I use a Harmony 895 to control my AV equipment (mostly HTPC) and zwave lights, but logitech's support for zwave is very limited.

Do you want me to add it to the Finland AppStore?

Please do, if it doesn't cause you problems or additional cost, because I'm still only considering my options.
slarti

Postby Melloware » Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:23 am

slarti wrote:Great news! Will I need the ThinkEssentials-software or will your .exe be enough?.

You will need thinkEssentials to learn all of your Zwave Devices to the USB Stick and to troubleshoot. After that you will use Zwave Commander and it picks up your devices that are stored on the Stick.

slarti wrote:Please do, if it doesn't cause you problems or additional cost, because I'm still only considering my options.

Nope I just need to check a box on my page for your country. I just added all of Europe so it should show up in your AppStore in the next 24 hours.
Melloware Inc.
Melloware
Site Admin

Postby slarti » Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:46 am

Hi,

I finally received my thinkstick today. Things are working great but after quick testing I have a couple of things that annoy me.

-No support for scandinavian letters (äåö), not a big deal
-No all on/all off button on the devices page
-No polling of nodes to know whether they're on or off

These could also be user errors since I only did a quick test.

The gui seems to be very quick and looks nice. Overall I'm happy with my purchase but with a little fine tuning I'd be even happier.

Thanks,

Slarti
slarti

Postby Melloware » Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:30 am

slarti wrote:-No support for scandinavian letters (äåö), not a big deal

My bad! Stupid American! I can fix that in a future release.

slarti wrote:-No all on/all off button on the devices page

Most people create a Scene called ALL ON and ALL OFF and store it in their devices and trigger this action by activating the Scene on the Scenes tab. I felt it was redeundant to put this on the Devices tab.

slarti wrote:-No polling of nodes to know whether they're on or off

For performance I poll the devices on startup of the app but once the app is started it does not continue to poll and send info to the iPhone. So when you start the App if Light 1 is ON you will see it set to 100 in the UI. If Light 2 was OFF you will see it set to 0 in the UI etc. But after the app is started I no longer poll. Zwave polling on large networks can be VERY slow. So it was all done in the name of performance.
Melloware Inc.
Melloware
Site Admin

Postby slarti » Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:23 am

Thanks for the quick reply

Melloware wrote:My bad! Stupid American! I can fix that in a future release.

Don't worry, we're all used to it... :wink:

Melloware wrote:Most people create a Scene called ALL ON and ALL OFF and store it in their devices and trigger this action by activating the Scene on the Scenes tab. I felt it was redeundant to put this on the Devices tab.

Ok. It's only that if I want to just quickly turn everything off, I have to go to the scenes tab, scroll to the appropriate scene and turn it off. Again, not a big deal, but most controllers have hard buttons for this.

Melloware wrote:For performance I poll the devices on startup of the app but once the app is started it does not continue to poll and send info to the iPhone. So when you start the App if Light 1 is ON you will see it set to 100 in the UI. If Light 2 was OFF you will see it set to 0 in the UI etc. But after the app is started I no longer poll. Zwave polling on large networks can be VERY slow. So it was all done in the name of performance.

That sounds reasonable, I have a small network and polling isn't too fast on that, either. I think that's a good compromise. Would it be easy to make it optional?

Thanks again for a great app!
slarti

Postby Melloware » Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:02 pm

slarti wrote:-No support for scandinavian letters (äåö), not a big deal

This is fixed in Version 2.2.
Melloware Inc.
Melloware
Site Admin