[SOLVED] unable to download z wave commander

Forum to discuss Lightswitch/ZWave Commander iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android home automation application

Re: [SOLVED] unable to download z wave commander

Postby mattyw71 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:24 pm

when i try "ipconfig" it flashes for a sec then its gone, i've tried it on 2 pc's and both do the same thing.any ideas
mattyw71

Postby Melloware » Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:26 pm

mattyw71 wrote:when i try "ipconfig" it flashes for a sec then its gone, i've tried it on 2 pc's and both do the same thing.any ideas

Two things to try.

1. if you know your PC name? Like for instance my PC name is Melloware when you look on Properties of My Computer. You could try on the iPhone to use the Host "Melloware.local." where Melloware is your PC name to see if it can resolve your PC name. So "PCNAME.local.".

2. To run ipConfig you simply type Start->Run then in the Run box type "cmd". that will bring up a DOS window. Then in the Dos window type "ipconfig".
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Melloware Inc.
http://www.melloware.com
Melloware
Site Admin

Postby mattyw71 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:33 pm

i finally found the dos command prompt and it is the same as what is on z wave commander .ive tried everything .nothing seems to work. :cry:
mattyw71

Postby Melloware » Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:30 pm

mattyw71 wrote:i finally found the dos command prompt and it is the same as what is on z wave commander .ive tried everything .nothing seems to work. :cry:

Well you had it working before so something changed. Try to reboot your iPHone. Reboot your PC. Reboot your Router.
Melloware Inc.
Melloware
Site Admin

Postby mattyw71 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:43 pm

no i never had it working but i will try to reboot everything
mattyw71

Postby Melloware » Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:31 pm

Did you follow these instructions exactly?

http://forum.melloware.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=6544

What is the result of "netstat -a"...do you see Port 6004 Listening?
Melloware Inc.
Melloware
Site Admin

Postby mattyw71 » Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:06 pm

i do not see port 6004 listening .
mattyw71

Postby Melloware » Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:04 pm

mattyw71 wrote:i do not see port 6004 listening .

Then Windows Defender or some other Virus Scanner/Spyware/Malware checker you have is blocking that Port from allowing it to be used. Until you see Port 6004 Listening with Netstat -a it will never connect from your iPod because Zwave Commander PC is not really even listening!
Melloware Inc.
Melloware
Site Admin

Postby mattyw71 » Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:19 pm

im still getting a server error message .i disabled all anti virus and fire walls. i went into my router and added port 6004 .at netstat-a it says 6004 is listening.i rebooted everything .still i get this server error message on my iphone . i am the only one who has this much difficulty setting this up?
mattyw71

Postby Melloware » Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:21 pm

mattyw71 wrote:im still getting a server error message .i disabled all anti virus and fire walls. i went into my router and added port 6004 .at netstat-a it says 6004 is listening.i rebooted everything .still i get this server error message on my iphone . i am the only one who has this much difficulty setting this up?

So far you are the only one who has had this much difficulty. Do me a favor send me your ZwaveCommander.log file found next to the ZwaveCommander.exe. maybe your log file will tell me something.
Melloware Inc.
Melloware
Site Admin

Postby mattyw71 » Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:15 pm

i sent you my zwave server folder. i tried to send just exe ,but would allow me to . i sent it under chuckiev71@aol ,hope you can see what you need to. .how do i send an attachment on the forum.
mattyw71

Postby Melloware » Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:27 pm

mattyw71 wrote:i sent you my zwave server folder. i tried to send just exe ,but would allow me to . i sent it under chuckiev71@aol ,hope you can see what you need to. .how do i send an attachment on the forum.

Can't do an attachment on the forum. And my email with block anything with EXE in it. I just need the .log file so it should not be blocked.
Melloware Inc.
Melloware
Site Admin

Postby mattyw71 » Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:58 pm

i sent it to info@melloware.com from chuckiev71@aol
mattyw71

Postby Melloware » Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:30 pm

mattyw71 wrote:i sent it to info@melloware.com from chuckiev71@aol

Yep whatever you sent me was blocked. Here are two more things to try....

1. Make sure your iPod is actually on your own WIFI network. Some users have accidentally connected to a neighbor's WIFI network which will mean the IP you put in like 192.168.1.101 won't mean anything if your are not on the same network.

2. The new Zwave Commander 2.1 was just released and the update should be pushed to you through ITunes in the next 6 hours. When it does try setting the IP to 192.168.1.100 which is a special signal to look for Bonjour. What is Bonjour?

What is Bonjour? Bonjour is Apple's technology for discovering devices on your network. One of the biggest headaches with Zwave Commander is a lot of users don't understand IP Addresses or how to figure their's out. Well with Bonjour it lets the iPhone or iPod know how to "find" your PC running Zwave Commander.

Bonjour is already on your machine if you have Itunes installed or just Bonjour For Windows it will be able to autodiscover the Zwave Commander server on your WIFI network. That way if you switch from say your College Dorm to Home you won't have to go in and change your Settings. Same if you use DHCP and your PC constantly changes IP addresses every time you reboot your machine. Just leave the setting on the default 192.168.1.100 and it will assume you want to try and autodiscover your PC running Zwave Commander PC Server. The Bonjour code had to be added to the Server side too so make sure you upgrade your server side version.

Also, I have fixed the issue when your phone wakes up from sleep, it will WAIT until the WIFI connection is established and try to automatically reconnect to the last connection. I have been testing it this last week and it seems to be very stable and work great. Let me know if you have any questions!
Melloware Inc.
Melloware
Site Admin

Postby mattyw71 » Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:09 pm

oh My .I finally got it working. Your last post solved the problem. I thought I was recieving my wifi from my router but it was actually my neighbors. he has a linksys as well. I am going to purchase a zwave thermostat .Any recomendations? Also will i be able to lower and raise the temp w zwave commander .
mattyw71

PreviousNext

Return to Lightswitch/ZWave Commander