[FIXED] Version 2.1 Released in AppStore!

Forum to discuss Lightswitch/ZWave Commander iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android home automation application

[FIXED] Version 2.1 Released in AppStore!

Postby Melloware » Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:32 pm

Version 2.1 has been approved in the AppStore.

- Contains support for waiting until an internet connection is established before trying to connect
- Tested and works on OS 3.0+ higher only
- Added support for Bonjour auto-discovery on the network. For an explanation of Bonjour see below...

What is Bonjour? Bonjour is Apple's technology for discovering devices on your network. One of the biggest headaches with Zwave Commander is a lot of users don't understand IP Addresses or how to figure their's out. Well with Bonjour it lets the iPhone or iPod know how to "find" your PC running Zwave Commander.

Bonjour is already on your machine if you have Itunes installed or just Bonjour For Windows it will be able to autodiscover the Zwave Commander server on your WIFI network. That way if you switch from say your College Dorm to Home you won't have to go in and change your Settings. Same if you use DHCP and your PC constantly changes IP addresses every time you reboot your machine. Just leave the setting on the default 192.168.1.100 and it will assume you want to try and autodiscover your PC running Zwave Commander PC Server. The Bonjour code had to be added to the Server side too so make sure you upgrade your server side version.

Also, I have fixed the issue when your phone wakes up from sleep, it will WAIT until the WIFI connection is established and try to automatically reconnect to the last connection. I have been testing it this last week and it seems to be very stable and work great. Let me know if you have any questions!
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Melloware Inc.
http://www.melloware.com
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Melloware
Site Admin

Return to Lightswitch/ZWave Commander