Multi channel devices

Forum to discuss Lightswitch/ZWave Commander iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android home automation application

Multi channel devices

Postby Ian Walley » Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:17 am

I'm using Z wave commander with 2 channel dimmers and switches. I can only control 1 channel however

Is this a limitation of Zwave commander or with the Control Think simple controller app that I use to set the system up?
Ian Walley

Re: Multi channel devices

Postby Melloware » Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:46 am

I am not sure what a mutli-channel device is but it sounds like it is a limitation of the ControlThink API. I don't remember seeing anything in the API about switching channels.
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Melloware Inc.
http://www.melloware.com
Melloware
Site Admin

Postby Ian Walley » Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:52 am

A multichannel device is say a light switch with 2 buttons - each controling its own connected circuit - Z wave has a multi channel command class (used to be called multi instance) Where you specify the target channel (up to 128 - though only the first 7 can be bit addressed)

I'll try the Control think guys to see if they are going to update their API any time soon
Ian Walley

Postby Melloware » Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:40 am

Ian Walley wrote:A multichannel device is say a light switch with 2 buttons - each controling its own connected circuit - Z wave has a multi channel command class (used to be called multi instance) Where you specify the target channel (up to 128 - though only the first 7 can be bit addressed)

I'll try the Control think guys to see if they are going to update their API any time soon

Definitely let me know what they say. THere might be a way to do it now that I don't know about because their documentation is not the best. Most of what I learned was looking at their API and classes. But I don't remember seeing multi-channel. Let me look on their forums.
Melloware Inc.
http://www.melloware.com
Melloware
Site Admin

Return to Lightswitch/ZWave Commander