[SOLVED] Questions for new User of ZWave Commander + Qhorus

Forum to discuss Lightswitch/ZWave Commander iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android home automation application

[SOLVED] Questions for new User of ZWave Commander + Qhorus

Postby bertje » Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:33 am

Hello. I just purchased the Qhorus hardware solution to control my Leviton Vizia RF lighting system at home. Then purchased ZWave Commander. I got it up an running this evening fairly quickly where I can see all my devices in ZWave Commander and control them from my iPod Touch. Very cool. However, I am not able to see Scenes or Zones in ZWave Commander though I've got Scenes and "Groups" defined in Qhorus and can control those via the Qhorus web interface. I would appreciate some help on how to make this work. I do not plan to run a PC Server in my setup... just wanted a low power option with the Qhorus hardware. I also searched for a basic guide to the ZWave Commander application and could not find one. I have other basic questions that I assume are covered in a quick how-to.

Thanks for your help!

-Rob
bertje

Re: Basic Questions for new User of ZWave Commander + Qhorus

Postby bertje » Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:48 am

Hello. I figured this out. I needed to quit and restart the ZWave Commander client for it to recognize the Scenes and Groups (aka Zones) in Qhorus. My remaining issue is that the scene isn't working as expected. Devices that should be off are turned to full brightness, but this appears to be an issue with Qhorus as it behaves that way via the web interface.
bertje

Re: Basic Questions for new User of ZWave Commander + Qhorus

Postby Melloware » Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:53 am

bertje wrote:Hello. I figured this out. I needed to quit and restart the ZWave Commander client for it to recognize the Scenes and Groups (aka Zones) in Qhorus. My remaining issue is that the scene isn't working as expected. Devices that should be off are turned to full brightness, but this appears to be an issue with Qhorus as it behaves that way via the web interface.

Yeah definitely check with Qhorus support and see what they have to say. They are very responsive and knowledgeable!

Thanks for your Zwave Commander purchase. I hope you like it!
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Melloware Inc.
http://www.melloware.com
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Melloware
Site Admin

Return to Lightswitch/ZWave Commander