Lights go dim when I use the slide bar at 100% .

Forum to discuss Lightswitch/ZWave Commander iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android home automation application

Lights go dim when I use the slide bar at 100% .

Postby mattyw71 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:50 pm

When I use the slide bar on my phone to control any set of lights they dim to about 50% when I put it at 100%. If I put it at 99% it works ok. Lights are bright. Any suggestions?
mattyw71

Re: Lights go dim when I use the slide bar at 100% .

Postby Melloware » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:12 pm

Hmmmm.... Nothing I can think of? When you put it at 100 it should turn the light all the way on at 100%.
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Melloware Inc.
http://www.melloware.com
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Melloware
Site Admin

Postby slarti » Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:41 am

mattyw71 wrote:When I use the slide bar on my phone to control any set of lights they dim to about 50% when I put it at 100%. If I put it at 99% it works ok. Lights are bright. Any suggestions?

Do you have ACT z-wave modules? I have this same problem with my ACT modules and I think they are just designed that way. If I press ON on a wall switch, the lights go to the dim level they were at before turning them off. I think that's just the way these modules respond to level=100 command. Level=99 works ok.
slarti

Postby stbluesrul » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:26 pm

slarti wrote:
mattyw71 wrote:When I use the slide bar on my phone to control any set of lights they dim to about 50% when I put it at 100%. If I put it at 99% it works ok. Lights are bright. Any suggestions?

Do you have ACT z-wave modules? I have this same problem with my ACT modules and I think they are just designed that way. If I press ON on a wall switch, the lights go to the dim level they were at before turning them off. I think that's just the way these modules respond to level=100 command. Level=99 works ok.

The Leviton wall dimmers work the same way. It's not a bug or anything, just the way they are designed. For Leviton there is a way to program the switch so it will output 100% when it's turned "ON" (level=100-255) whether it's being locally or remote controlled.
stbluesrul

Return to Lightswitch/ZWave Commander