Close_wait problem

Forum to discuss Lightswitch/ZWave Commander iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android home automation application

Close_wait problem

Postby twofieros » Mon May 03, 2010 4:53 pm

I had the commander working for the last few days. I set up everything so I can use it via my own wifi or over 3g. I'm getting a problem now where the netstat -a is showing the port 6004 as Close_Wait. This makes it to where the phone shows that it is connected but I do not get the list of devices to control.

I'm using two iphones each set up the same way. When I initially got the program to work I saw this issue the first time I used the second phone to control the system and then went back to the inital phone. The initial phone wouldn't connect and I got the close wait issue. A restart of the server and a reboot on the pc solved that but I'm hoping to avoid having to reboot each time I want to change which phone is controling the system.

Any help will be much appreciated.
twofieros

Re: Close_wait problem

Postby Melloware » Mon May 03, 2010 5:20 pm

Hmmm that should not be a problem as my wife and i both connect from our IPhones to the server app.

Two things:

1. Make sure you have the latest EXE Server.

2. Look in the XML config file next to the EXE for this value...

Code: Select all
<TcpMaxConnections>4</TcpMaxConnections>

Other than that I can't think of anything that would cause this except for maybe Spyware detector thinks its a Malware program and is locking the socket.
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Melloware Inc.
http://www.melloware.com
Melloware
Site Admin

Postby twofieros » Tue May 04, 2010 2:21 am

I too am puzzled. I stoped my antivirus and turned off windows firewall and defender with no success. I'm going to try rebooting the computer again. I'm at work now so all I can do is remote access the home PC. I checked that log and it is still defauled at 4.

I a separate note. Is there a way to get intelliremote to control the zwave devices? This would save time having to close an app and open another just to adjust zwave. Thanks for your help again! I love all the programs I have bought off of you. Keep it up!
twofieros

Postby Melloware » Tue May 04, 2010 5:23 pm

twofieros wrote:I a separate note. Is there a way to get intelliremote to control the zwave devices? This would save time having to close an app and open another just to adjust zwave. Thanks for your help again! I love all the programs I have bought off of you. Keep it up!

Unfortunately I had Zwave support in Intelliremote but it was too klunky since the Zwave stick only allows access by one app at a time. So I removed it.

What you can do is use the HTTP Get calls in Intelliremote to send signals to Zwave Commander....

That is what this user did...

Code: Select all
http://forum.melloware.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=7699
Melloware Inc.
http://www.melloware.com
Melloware
Site Admin

Postby twofieros » Thu May 06, 2010 1:28 pm

ok, I've still got the problem with close wait. i turned off windows firewall, defender, and my antivirus program and i still get the close wait issue on netstat -a readout. i'm usung port 6004. i can see two other ip addresses accessing that port which i would guess was the two times i tried my iphone to access it over 3g. i'm totally stumped now since i cannot think of anything that would be preventing my pc from listening to that port.
twofieros

Return to Lightswitch/ZWave Commander