[SOLVED] Error Setting Thermostat

Forum to discuss Lightswitch/ZWave Commander iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android home automation application

[SOLVED] Error Setting Thermostat

Postby floodx » Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:13 pm

I just got everything connected. I am running a Radio Thermostat Corp 30CT thermostat - it has a USNAP RTZW-01 radio module in it. Comes up as a General Thermostat V22 in Zwave Commander. Problem is every button on the Lightswitch app I press gives a "Error Setting Thermostat" message. It does set the unit temperature every once in a while however most of the time it just turns the thermostat mode to off. It also does not show the temperature of thermostat on startup.

The error in the log is:

Controlthink.Zwave.DeviceNotRespondingException: The device did not respond

Any ideas? What is the distance max for the server? I probably have it 15-20ft.
floodx

Re: Error Setting Thermostat

Postby Melloware » Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:46 am

Yeah that error is from the Zwave API and it is just saying Device Did Not Respond which typically means a Zwave signal is not reaching the thermostat.

Do all the features work fine in THinkEssentials?

Have you gone into ThinkEssentials and done "Optimize Network"?
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Melloware Inc.
http://www.melloware.com
Melloware
Site Admin

Postby floodx » Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:48 am

No sure on all the features - I just mated the stick and thermostat and and then started zwave commander.I will try the optimize network today and play around a bit more.

Does regular wifi interfere any with these - I do have 2 other wifi usb adapters connected to the server (it was originally a media server and I would hate to have to move it).

I only have the thermostat now - testing the waters before I invest a chunk of change...I assume a light switch or other appliance in between the server and thermostat would improve things if optimize network doesn't help - these things repeat the signal right?
floodx

Postby Melloware » Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:29 pm

Answers to your questions..

1. Test in ThinkEssentials first before Zwave Commander.

2. Yes, the more devices you have the stronger your Zwave Network gets. So if you only have 1 device even if it is 20 feet away something might be blocking or interfering with it.

3. Regular WIFI will not interfere with Zwave, Zwave is on its own frequency.
Melloware Inc.
http://www.melloware.com
Melloware
Site Admin

Return to Lightswitch/ZWave Commander