Remove defaults in Office Places

Feature Requests, Comments, Bugs, and Suggestions on the PlacesBar Editor.

Remove defaults in Office Places

Postby MCV » Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:16 am

Hi,

I have a suggestion for your next version, if I may.

Although you can add a further five places for Office applications, there doesn't seem to be a way of removing the default five as well, as you can with the Windows section. That is, I could have only two possible locations (if I wanted) for the Windows section but am forced to always keep the first default five locations for Office applications.

I previously used Opie Office Editor for this but this only works for Office apps, not Windows. The interface wasn't so good either.
MCV

Re: Remove defaults in Office Places

Postby Melloware » Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:01 am

As far as I know those first 5 Office places are built into Office and are not in the Registry. So when PlacesBar Editor adds the 5 new locations that is all there is in the registry. Basically what I am saying is I don't know of any way to remove or change those original 5 places unless a hack for an Office DLL is done. Did you say the other application allowed you to change those original 5 places? Maybe I can take a look and see how they did it?
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Melloware Inc.
http://www.melloware.com
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Melloware
Site Admin

Re: Remove defaults in Office Places

Postby MCV » Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:42 pm

Thanks for the reply.

Here is the software I mentioned, it is called OPiE 2.0 Office Places Editor. The reason I mentioned it was that if I add custom places using your software, they are added to the bottom of the default list, whereas with this software the defaults can be removed (if I remember correctly, I uninstalled it after installing yours!)
http://www.thezjooj.is-a-geek.com/downloadsNEW.asp

Not a big issue, just a suggestion for your next version.

Kind regards,
M Viracca
MCV

Return to PlacesBar Editor