JTable cell loses focus on Hotkey event

Feature Requests, Comments, Bugs, and Suggestions on the JIntellitype Java API.

JTable cell loses focus on Hotkey event

Postby hfontanez » Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:02 am

I am trying to use JIntellitype to traverse a JTree in one pane while filling out forms on another (pane). These forms contain text fields and tables. When I press a hot key and a text field has focus, the text field doesn't lose focus; thus enabling the user to fill in pertinent info. However, when a JTable cell has focus and a Hotkey event occurs, focus is lost. I want to be able to keep focus to allow the user to fill out information without the need to manually set focus on the desired cell.

How can I keep focus, or regain focus, of the previously selected table cell after the Hotkey event is consumed?

I understand this is not a JIntellitype issue. This is strictly a Java Swing issue. But I am hoping that a JIntellitype use has encountered, and hopefully found a solution to this problem.
hfontanez

Re: JTable cell loses focus on Hotkey event

Postby Melloware » Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:38 pm

So far I don't have an answer for you. You may have to start looking for some hack workaround where you track the cell the user is in and after they trigger a hotkey you return the focus to that cell?
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Melloware Inc.
http://www.melloware.com
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Melloware
Site Admin

Return to JIntellitype