[SOLVED] Unable to load JIntellitype

Feature Requests, Comments, Bugs, and Suggestions on the JIntellitype Java API.

[SOLVED] Unable to load JIntellitype

Postby Broked » Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:07 pm

Hey,

Sorry to ask more questions about how to get JIntellitype working, but I've searched exhaustively and cannot find any solutions. For some reason I'm unable to load the JIntellitype.dll. Even when I just try to load the DLL via System.load directly I get the following error

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: JIntellitype.dll (Invalid access to memory location. )
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibraryWithPath(ClassLoader.java:1008)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibraryWithClassLoader(ClassLoader.java:972)
at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java:470)

It is seeing the specified DLL, but for some reason it can't access the memory location. I've used Dependency Walker to check to see if there are any other libraries I'm missing, but the the only one's I'm missing are the ones that are "missing" from every DLL (IESHIMS and some other one, both associated with IE). In addition I've used DLL Export Viewer to ensure that the external functions can be found. I believe this also verifies that the DLL is not corrupt.

In addition I have tried the example that you provided and it gets the same error...

08/23/2011 15:04:18 INFO - [JIntellitypeTester.main:86] JIntellitype Tester
08/23/2011 15:04:18 INFO - [JIntellitype.checkInstanceAlreadyRunning:284] checkInstanceAlreadyRunning JIntellitype Test Application
08/23/2011 15:04:18 INFO - [JIntellitype.<init>:94] Loading JIntellitype DLL
Exception in thread "main" com.melloware.jintellitype.JIntellitypeException: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: JIntellitype (Invalid access to memory location. )
at com.melloware.jintellitype.JIntellitype.<init>(JIntellitype.java:100)
at com.melloware.jintellitype.JIntellitype.getInstance(JIntellitype.java:122)
at com.melloware.jintellitype.JIntellitype.checkInstanceAlreadyRunning(JIntellitype.java:286)
at com.melloware.JIntellitypeTester.main(JIntellitypeTester.java:89)
Caused by: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: JIntellitype (Invalid access to memory location. )
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibraryWithPath(ClassLoader.java:1008)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibraryWithClassLoader(ClassLoader.java:972)

Oddly enough though when I downloaded Juke, it seemed to run just fine and I didn't see any log messages. However, I didn't use any hotkeys, but I assumed I'd get some sort of error if the DLL could not be loaded. I copied the DLL that was came with Juke and tried to load that and I had the same problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
- Broked
Broked

Re: Unable to load JIntellitype

Postby Melloware » Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:12 pm

What JDK are you using? It is definitely a JNI DLL loading issue.

32 bit or 64 bit JDK? Java 5? Java 6? Java 7?

Are you using the latest Jintellitype 1.3.7?
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Melloware Inc.
http://www.melloware.com
Melloware
Site Admin

Postby Broked » Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:16 pm

Thanks for the prompt reply, it's Java 6, 32bit. I tried both JIntellitype 1.3.7 as well as 1.3.6. In addition I'm on Windows XP
Broked

Postby Melloware » Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:55 pm

Broked wrote:Thanks for the prompt reply, it's Java 6, 32bit. I tried both JIntellitype 1.3.7 as well as 1.3.6. In addition I'm on Windows XP

Hmmm and Jukes works fine for you? That is really really strange.

I am kinda stumped. I looked up this error and it says it means the DLL might be corrupt but I can't see how? Unless you pull the DLL from Jukes and see if it is different than the one in 1.3.7?
Melloware Inc.
Melloware
Site Admin

Postby Broked » Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:34 pm

I tried using the one bundled with Juke and no luck. I'm guessing it's something odd about my JDK on that specific laptop. I tried it on another machine and it worked fine right out of the box. I'll see about installing a different version of Java and see what happens.
Broked

Postby Broked » Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:12 pm

I ended up reinstalling my JRE and everything seems to be working fine now. Not quite sure what the problem was before, but thanks for the help.
Broked

Postby Melloware » Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:12 am

Broked wrote:I ended up reinstalling my JRE and everything seems to be working fine now. Not quite sure what the problem was before, but thanks for the help.

Awesome I will mark SOLVED!
Melloware Inc.
Melloware
Site Admin

Return to JIntellitype