[SOLVED] Annoying Bug

Forum discussing Intelliphone iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android Client for Intelliremote

[SOLVED] Annoying Bug

Postby balle3201 » Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:31 pm

I don't know if this has already been reported, but anyway:

If I have established a connection between my iPhone and my computer running IntelliRemote, and is finished performing my commands....

Every single time the iPhone goes to sleep, the application cannot reconnect to the computer.
The only working solution for me is to restart both IntelliRemote Server and IntelliPhone!

I see that "Preventing the iPhone going to sleep" is part of the 1.1 update.

But, the iPhone going to sleep is no biggie.... as long as the connection can be reestablished upon using the iPhone again.

As for now, a bit frustrating i must say :-(
balle3201

Re: Annoying Bug

Postby Melloware » Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:16 pm

Yep that is fixed 2 ways.

1. You can disable sleep that way the only way it closes is when you close it.

2. I added code the if it detects the phone going to sleep the application closes gracefully and cleans up all its connections so when you wake the phone up and hit Intelliremote its fresh just like the first time.

Sound good?
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Melloware Inc.
http://www.melloware.com
Melloware
Site Admin

Re: [SOLVED] Annoying Bug

Postby cmancman » Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:27 pm

So do you mean you have added to the code to the next release? 1.1?
cmancman

Postby Melloware » Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:37 pm

cmancman wrote:So do you mean you have added to the code to the next release? 1.1?

Correct that will be in the 1.1 release and I have already tested it! You will receive the fix when the 1.1 push comes out it will automatically update through Itunes!
Melloware Inc.
Melloware
Site Admin

Postby Cinemagic » Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:13 pm

Excellent. The code addition will be great. Thanks.
Cinemagic

Postby qjuantum » Sun Sep 21, 2008 11:16 pm

Same problem here, i was showing off to my friends what I could do w/ my iphone, and after a lot of aaahhh and ooohhhh's my iphone went to sleep and I lost the connection and could not reconnect again... grrrrr
PLEASE do keep us posted as to when release 1.1 will be available, over all, super stocked abot this app, is a must have, I am definitively recommending it to my friends and family once this initial bugs are taken care off.
LUV the concept, thanks!!!
Is there a section where we can learn to use the scripting capabilities of intelliremote?
qjuantum

Postby Melloware » Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:41 am

qjuantum wrote:Same problem here, i was showing off to my friends what I could do w/ my iphone, and after a lot of aaahhh and ooohhhh's my iphone went to sleep and I lost the connection and could not reconnect again... grrrrr
PLEASE do keep us posted as to when release 1.1 will be available, over all, super stocked abot this app, is a must have, I am definitively recommending it to my friends and family once this initial bugs are taken care off.
LUV the concept, thanks!!!
Is there a section where we can learn to use the scripting capabilities of intelliremote?

Thanks for the compliments! 1.1 has been pushed to the AppStore last Wednesday so its in Apple's hands now. Apple usually takes about 1 week to approve and push into the AppStore. I will post as soon as I get the email from Apple saying its deployed.

As for AutoItX see this post...

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=6368

I have a section in the User Manual and included the AutoItX.chm windows help file which describes each API call you can use. If you need more power than the limited functionality of AutoITX then use full blown AutoIT and just call the external scripts from Intelliremote!

http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/
Melloware Inc.
Melloware
Site Admin

Return to Intelliphone