[SOLVED] messy iphone remote control on my mce pc

Forum discussing Intelliphone iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android Client for Intelliremote

[SOLVED] messy iphone remote control on my mce pc

Postby ciselkovy » Sat Sep 20, 2008 3:40 pm

Hi,
i am trying intelliremote with iphone (2.1) and MCE 2005 PC.
Connecting perfect, red led blinking, notepad test working.
The problem is, that various apps are acting different on iphone remote keys pressed.
For example, in Windows Media player - play/stop works, and Start button works, Display button starts BS Player, a lot of key starts only Start button, eax button starts Calculator, MCE Teletext starts Explorer window in search mode...etc
When VLC is running, or other app, nothing happens, no key is responding, only EAX - runs calculator etc...
I stopped ehtray and hid input services, but nothing helps. Something is messed up with my pc. I have a rf keyboard (it is a Siemens Scaleo E pc).
Before I had installed various apps for remote to key mapping, like HIP and Girder, but all are switched off. I remembered at the HIP installation, there was a replacement for MCEIR.dll, but now i dont know already, how it was configured before and if this has something to do with my problem.
Thank you for any help, as I would like to buy intelliremote and to use it.
ciselkovy

Re: messy iphone remote control on my mce pc

Postby Melloware » Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:39 pm

You have to remember that unlike Girder and HIP....Intelliremote has the concept of "profiles" that most other remote applications do not. So if you use Vista MCE and Winamp. You want to have those two profiles loaded in Intelliremote and it will automagically switch to use the profile depending on which application has focus. As for BSPlayer starting or EAX starting calculator the answer is simple. Just open Intelliremote PC and go to the Customize Tab. UNder the EAX button you will see it have a Keyboard Event of "Launch App2" which is a special MS command to launc Calculator or whatever is mapped to that in the registry.

The default profile is just a roadmap of things you can do like launch Calculator or move the mouse etc. Intelliremote is a BLANK slate for you to customize. If you want EAX to open Note just switch it to an Application Event starting "C:\Windows\Notepad.exe". Viola.

As for VLC look in your VLC profile...it should have Play mapped to Key Event Spacebar. The old VLC used Spacebar as play pause since VLC does not respond to the normal Media Event keys like Play and Pause. So I had to map it to its keyboard events but VLC changes them all the time for some dumb reason. So Open VLC and look in Settings->Preferences->Interface-Hotkey Settings and make sure it is enabled and that Play is mapped to Spacebar. If not just change the VLC profile in Intelliremote to match your VLC settings.

Does this all make sense?
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Melloware Inc.
http://www.melloware.com
Melloware
Site Admin

Postby ciselkovy » Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:43 am

Hi melloware,

thx for your answer, you are fully right, thx for your pation and explanation. Everything works fine now.
I was just thinking, that there are predefined some basic keys, that are assigned to basic functions in your profiles (like play,stop,volume +,..etc). It is little bit laborious work, because i must always look for a key pressed (what is his name), then look into the application preferences and then finally set the key in Intelliremote customize...
No prob, mainly it is working. If you would have som idea, how to make the customization easier, give me a tip.
Now, I am going to buy. But pls, the new version!!! as I would like to test it as well.
Thx for nice app!!!
ciselkovy

Postby Melloware » Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:01 am

ciselkovy wrote:Now, I am going to buy. But pls, the new version!!! as I would like to test it as well.
Thx for nice app!!!

Thanks for the compliments! Version 1.1 has been sent to Apple for review so its in there hands now. Hopefully it will appear in the AppStore this week!
Melloware Inc.
http://www.melloware.com
Melloware
Site Admin

Return to Intelliphone