[SOLVED] Can't connect 2g iPhone to Vista Home Premium

Forum discussing Intelliphone iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android Client for Intelliremote

Re: Can't connect 2g iPhone to Vista Home Premium

Postby Melloware » Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:09 am

LuxMartin wrote:Ever consider using a more standard port? Would this work if I configured it for Port 80?

The reason I use a nonstandard port is so it doesn't collide with any other apps. Port 80 is reserved for HTTP servers so I would have to answer a MILLION support questions on why it doesn't work because IIS or Tomcat or Apache or any other web server people had running was already using Port 80.
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Melloware Inc.
http://www.melloware.com
Melloware
Site Admin

Postby LuxMartin » Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:22 pm

I may be stuck, as 192.168.0.1 does not get me to my router / cable model's management screen :oops:

This used to work, but now it does not. I'm suspicious that my cable provider may have pushed an update to my box (it is provided by the local carrier) which has either changed the address of the management interface or removed access to it from the local network. Is there any way to scan the IP addresses of my internal network for an address which returns a Netgear HTML page?
LuxMartin

Postby Melloware » Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:24 pm

Hmm...not sure about that but might want to check the Netgear pages for more info. Someone else must be having this problem?

I use a Linksys G router and my address 192.168.1.1 to connect to the router.
Melloware Inc.
Melloware
Site Admin

Postby Melloware » Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:38 am

Did you get this working? Is it safe to mark this thread SOLVED?
Melloware Inc.
Melloware
Site Admin

Postby LuxMartin » Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:55 am

Not yet - I'm still working on getting access to my router. When I do, what should I look for in terms of enabling Port 6000?
LuxMartin

Postby Melloware » Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:57 am

LuxMartin wrote:Not yet - I'm still working on getting access to my router. When I do, what should I look for in terms of enabling Port 6000?

Depending on your router...there will be a section about opening Ports. If you find the pDF on your router website or look up "opening ports" in the PDF or on their help it should have a step by step guide on how to do it.
Melloware Inc.
Melloware
Site Admin

Postby LuxMartin » Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:08 pm

GOT IT WORKING!!!

I reset the modem, and was then able to log into the management interface.

I then set up a port forwarding rule to enable my MCE to get out through Port 6000.

The next time I opened the iPhone app, it worked!

Where is the feature list comparison between the free version and the paid version?

I'd strongly recommend you figure out a way to make this work without people having to go through what I just did... I almost gave up, and I'm pretty technically literate.
LuxMartin

Postby Melloware » Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:52 pm

LuxMartin wrote:Where is the feature list comparison between the free version and the paid version?

I'd strongly recommend you figure out a way to make this work without people having to go through what I just did... I almost gave up, and I'm pretty technically literate.

The only difference betwen the paid and the trial is that 5 buttons are disabled, you will press 200 buttons and the app closes itself and make you walk over the PC to restart it and after 30 days it expires. So you should be able to do everything you want to do...move the mouse, type on the keyboard, press remote buttons etc.

As for part 2, there is nothing i can do. TCP Sockets is the best way to communicate and give the ULTRA fast responsiveness you are seeing with the iPhone to PC latency....the problem is viruses and spyware have cause MSFT to freak out and block ports and router manufacturers usually ship allowing internal IP's to speak to each other out of the box...but for some reason your router did not.
Melloware Inc.
Melloware
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Intelliphone