customizing help

Forum discussing Intelliphone iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android Client for Intelliremote

customizing help

Postby twofieros » Wed May 20, 2009 11:46 am

Hello everyone! I've had intelliremote for my iphone for some time but now I'd like to make a few advanced changes and need help or suggestions.

I have changed to watching TV over the internet rather than pay for cable/satelite service. I have all my tv stations saved as bookmarks which I have just been clicking on in the past. I'd like to change them to the channel up/down so that they cycle through the bookmarks just like you would if you were changing the channel on the TV.

I keep a wireless keyboard nearby that has hotkeys for various programs and I have now figured out how to hot key most buttons on the remote to open these same programs but is there a way to get the remote to change profiles when you open up that program. I've got a few custom setting made for each profile that I use with a particular program but i have to keep hitting the profile button to change through them.

Thanks so much for the help. I love this program and I love the updates and this forum!
twofieros

Re: customizing help

Postby Melloware » Wed May 20, 2009 3:03 pm

twofieros wrote:I have changed to watching TV over the internet rather than pay for cable/satelite service. I have all my tv stations saved as bookmarks which I have just been clicking on in the past. I'd like to change them to the channel up/down so that they cycle through the bookmarks just like you would if you were changing the channel on the TV.

OK what kind of bookmarks are they. This should be do-able I just need to know exactly what you mean by TV stations are bookmarks. Do you mean HTML bookmarks and you watch them in a web browser?

twofieros wrote:I keep a wireless keyboard nearby that has hotkeys for various programs and I have now figured out how to hot key most buttons on the remote to open these same programs but is there a way to get the remote to change profiles when you open up that program. I've got a few custom setting made for each profile that I use with a particular program but i have to keep hitting the profile button to change through them.

Well there is the Activation Task in each profile. So if it is set to winamp.exe then anytime the Winamp application becomes the foreground window Intelliremote automatically switches to the Winamp profile because it has an Activation Task of winamp.exe. Does that make sense? Is that what you were asking?

Or do you mean when you Execute an EXE program from an Intlliremote button you would like to be able to switch to a profile immediately after that matches that EXE?

I guess I just need a little clarification before i can help!
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Melloware Inc.
http://www.melloware.com
Melloware
Site Admin

Postby twofieros » Mon May 17, 2010 8:04 pm

Sorry for the slow response. i've been concentratimg on getting my zwave commander working and i finally did it!

OK what kind of bookmarks are they. This should be do-able I just need to know exactly what you mean by TV stations are bookmarks. Do you mean HTML bookmarks and you watch them in a web browser?

Exactly. i have various stations saved as bookmarks in windows explorer. currently, i use the mouse feature to stear around and select these bookmarks.

twofieros wrote:I keep a wireless keyboard nearby that has hotkeys for various programs and I have now figured out how to hot key most buttons on the remote to open these same programs but is there a way to get the remote to change profiles when you open up that program. I've got a few custom setting made for each profile that I use with a particular program but i have to keep hitting the profile button to change through them.

Well there is the Activation Task in each profile. So if it is set to winamp.exe then anytime the Winamp application becomes the foreground window Intelliremote automatically switches to the Winamp profile because it has an Activation Task of winamp.exe. Does that make sense? Is that what you were asking?

Or do you mean when you Execute an EXE program from an Intlliremote button you would like to be able to switch to a profile immediately after that matches that EXE?

I guess I just need a little clarification before i can help![/quote]

The second part of the original post i no longer need. Thank you again for the support you provide on this forum!
twofieros

Postby Melloware » Tue May 18, 2010 5:53 am

twofieros wrote:Exactly. i have various stations saved as bookmarks in windows explorer. currently, i use the mouse feature to stear around and select these bookmarks.

Well you could map Intelliremote to Execute the URL like in this thread...

http://forum.melloware.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=270
Melloware Inc.
http://www.melloware.com
Melloware
Site Admin

Return to Intelliphone