[SOLVED] iPhone 4 has no control of AlbumPlayer 4.9

Forum discussing Intelliphone iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android Client for Intelliremote

[SOLVED] iPhone 4 has no control of AlbumPlayer 4.9

Postby Lectrician » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:45 am

I am very new to this, and to my iPhone 4.

Is the Intelliphone the same as the Intelliremote app? I can't find an app on the iPhone called intelliphone, just intelliremote?

I have installed the intelliremote app onto my iPhone, and the intelliremote software onto the PC I use as my jukebox (running Album Player).

The iPhone shows as connected to the computer.

I placed the Album Player XML file from the Album Player website into the profiles directory and then selected it in the software control panel.

I just cannot control the Album Player!?

Randomly, when I press the printer button on the iPhone, the windows start menu opens, so something is working!

Any pointers as to where I should be looking?

Thanks muchly!
Lectrician

Re: iPhone 4 has no control

Postby Melloware » Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:49 am

OK so the communication between your iPhone and the PC is working if the start menu appeared when you pressed the printer icon.

Let's go simpler.

1. Open Notepad and focus it.

2. On the iPhone press the 1,2 or 3 buttons on the screen you should see "1", "2", "3" printed out in Notepad. Do you?

3. Next download the AlbumPlayer.xml profile from our downloads page and try our version.

http://melloware.biz/products/intelliremote/profiles.zip

Let me know how it goes!
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Melloware Inc.
http://www.melloware.com
Melloware
Site Admin

Postby Lectrician » Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:18 pm

Hi - thanks for your effort.

I have tried with Notepad, and yes, pressing the numbers on the iPhone do then appear in the notepad window.

I have downloaded your Album Player profile (which is the same one linked to from the Album Player website too).

I have placed the profile in the "C:\Documents and Settings\Album Player\user\Intelliremote" directory and also the "C:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\Intelliremote\applications" directory.

I can select this profile in the software, launched from the systray. I have infact deleted all the other profiles to see if that made a difference.

I am using Album Player V4.9g - I know this is a little older than the current release, but I much prefer its skin for use with a touch screen.

This is not a huge issue - It would just be great to use! I don't want to pay for the software until I can be sure it works!

Thanks for the support - Greatly recieved!
Lectrician

Postby Melloware » Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:06 pm

My guess is the commands that Intelliremote has for the AlbumPlayer profile are not respected in your older 4.9 version.

I wonder if Album Player added them after because I am pretty sure I tested on a 5.X version.

No worries, find the keyboard shortcut to Play like CTRL+P or whatever it is in your Album Player.

Then in Intelliremote in the Customize tab on the AlbumPlayer profile find the Play remote button and map it to Keyboard Event CTRL+P or whatever it is. Hit Apply Change button.

Now try again?
Melloware Inc.
Melloware
Site Admin

Postby Lectrician » Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:46 am

Thanks. That worked. My version of AP does not have many short cuts, looks like I will need to upgrade the AP software.
Lectrician

Postby Melloware » Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:21 am

Lectrician wrote:Thanks. That worked. My version of AP does not have many short cuts, looks like I will need to upgrade the AP software.

That is what I figured. Well at least now you have seen the power of Intelliremote!
Melloware Inc.
Melloware
Site Admin

Return to Intelliphone