v1.4 issue with bluesocket at MMU

Forum to discuss the BlueSocket Authenticator for iPhone/iPod Touch

v1.4 issue with bluesocket at MMU

Postby hicksmat » Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:32 am

I have set my wifi to auto join for the guest wireless at my institution but I am unable to connect using the melloware app (latest version) without logging on through the instritution bluesocket web page even though my credentials are correct in the app settings. I am sure I had it working for a little while after initially downloading last week but am getting nowhere today. any help appreciated.

thanks
hicksmat

Re: v1.4 issue with bluesocket at MMU

Postby Melloware » Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:24 am

So turn the Auto-Close property to OFF.

Now when you start your IPhone/iPod from sleep wait until the indicator in the upper left turns to a WIFI icon. Then click the BlueSocket Authenticator app.

Do you get the GReen Check or the Red X?

It should be working, if you get the RedX something is not working properly.
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Melloware Inc.
http://www.melloware.com
Melloware
Site Admin

Postby hicksmat » Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:28 am

still having major problems with this app. I switch on the iphone wifi, select the properties of the wifi I want to connect to (bluesocket wifi obviously) by clicking the blue and white arrow, I set auto join to on but at this point a bluesocket web page is launched (automatically) asking me to authenticate (to the access point). If I close this auto launched login page, and do not login, my wifi connection to the blusocket wifi ap switches off (because I have not authenticated). I presume this is to do with how blue socket is configured at my institution, but do you know of a way around it so that the blue socket app can auto log me in (without ever having to be faced with a website login page)?

thanks
hicksmat

Postby Melloware » Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:57 am

hicksmat wrote:still having major problems with this app. I switch on the iphone wifi, select the properties of the wifi I want to connect to (bluesocket wifi obviously) by clicking the blue and white arrow, I set auto join to on but at this point a bluesocket web page is launched (automatically) asking me to authenticate (to the access point). If I close this auto launched login page, and do not login, my wifi connection to the blusocket wifi ap switches off (because I have not authenticated). I presume this is to do with how blue socket is configured at my institution, but do you know of a way around it so that the blue socket app can auto log me in (without ever having to be faced with a website login page)?

thanks

Have you installed Boingo WIFI Free App? Read this thread...

http://forum.melloware.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=7052

Just installing and running Boingo once will prevent that "auto-login" popup from coming up in your IPhone. This will allow BlueSocket to work properly from then on.
Melloware Inc.
Melloware
Site Admin

Postby nova.xray » Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:36 pm

I too am having an issue with v1.4 on my iPhone 3G (OS v3.1.3). For the last several weeks at my company, when launching BlueSocket Authenticator, the green "success" screen appears as it should. Then I use the home button to close the BSA app and go to Safari -- and the guestnet blue socket login screen appears. I can't navigate away from it because Safari keeps redirecting to it no matter what I do.

I have also noticed that under Settings | Wi-Fi, that the phone indicates that it is connected to the desired guest Wi-Fi signal, but the 3G notification still shows in the upper left corner instead of the Wi-Fi symbol.

Any ideas?
nova.xray

Postby Melloware » Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:47 pm

Have you tried the Boingo app trick listed above first?
Melloware Inc.
Melloware
Site Admin

Postby nova.xray » Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:49 pm

Yes, have had Boingo Wi-Fi app for quite a while.
nova.xray

Postby Melloware » Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:51 pm

nova.xray wrote:Yes, have had Boingo Wi-Fi app for quite a while.

OK then that means your admin's did something special to their Bluesocket config that is causing that. I would check with your network admins that run the BlueSocket network to see if they have changed anything and to show them the exact problem you are having!
Melloware Inc.
Melloware
Site Admin

Postby nova.xray » Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:53 pm

Whatever they did, they probably did it to block all of us iPhone users. BTW, I am not at MMU, wherever that is.
nova.xray

Postby Melloware » Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:36 am

Update (6/29/2010):

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=8440
Melloware Inc.
Melloware
Site Admin

Return to BlueSocket Authenticator (closed)