Intelliphone 2.7.9 + iPhone 3.1.3 + Landscape Mode = CRASH

Forum discussing Intelliphone iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android Client for Intelliremote

Re: Intelliphone 2.7.9 + iPhone 3.1.3 + Landscape Mode = CRASH

Postby Melloware » Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:45 pm

Why don't you try upgrading your daughter's iTouch to OS 4.1 and try? Or is her's jailbroken also?
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Melloware Inc.
http://www.melloware.com
Melloware
Site Admin

Postby brian » Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:15 pm

Why don't I upgrade hers? Simple its not mine.
I did ask her why her Itouch was still at 3.1.2..she told me she had not updated it.

I guess she has learned well from her dad, Told me it was not jailbroken, she just didn't take any updates. I did not see Cydia or the likes on the gadget.

I did find a 1 year old backup of my Itouch..and re-installed it with Itunes..same thing keeps crashing when going to landscape mode.
I know its an older version because server was set at 192.168.0.7..which is not the current setup. The info screen on the Itouch still says 2.7....(4dots) Server 2.7.9.912..the updated version as it should be.

Since my year old backup of the Itouch side of intelliremote crashes now as it does on my daughters and did not a year ago
I kinda figure the BUG is in the SERVER side as its the only thing changed. You don't need any permission from apple to re-release the old server version on your website via an email link, as done in the past.

If not, I'm just gonna upgrade it, and lose the jailbroken abilities of this gadget...But I sure will be dissapointed if intelliremote still crashes.

I'm tired of messing with this, like I said before the main use for the Itouch is now as a remote for the Theatre system.

If you wanna take a look at it to help your trouble shooting, I'll send my Itouch to you, if not I'm upgrading the OS.
brian

Postby Melloware » Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:25 pm

It should have nothing to do with the Server side. Like I said I have NOT changed the Server API since version 2.7.5 so it shouldn't. And like i also said I run on OS 3.1, OS 3.2 OS 4.0 and OS 4.1 on 1 iPad and 5+ different iPhones, TOuches, iPads and don't see this error on any device. So it is quite strange.

Your Server version should be 2.7.9.912
Your Client Version should be 2.7.9.1

That is my exact setup on all devices no crashing on any device on any OS.
Melloware Inc.
Melloware
Site Admin

Postby brian » Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:35 pm

Tired of messing with it. Updated to Itouch version 4.1 lost jailbreak, but Intelliremote workin again. I'll jailbreak again in a few months when and if one comes out...
brian

Itouch Client Broken/Downgraded?

Postby drock » Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:33 pm

Hello,
I have been using Intelliremote for quite some time now and just recently upgraded to the "new" client that is available for Itouch via Apple's itunes store (version 2.7). This version appears to either be broken, or DOWNGRADED because I have the same problem with the new client on all three of our families Itouches:

1. When you rotate the Itouch to get the "wide" version of the remote, the application ends.
2. No mouse support available.

I am using an Ipod Touch Model MC086LL running OS Ver. 3.1.2 and Intelliremote client 2.7... (doesn't give me the full client version in the screen).

Have these features been taken out? Or is this by design?

Thank You,
Dave
drock

Postby drock » Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:56 pm

I have this EXACT same problem. I am running ITouch 3.1x and my intelliremote clients crash when switching to landscape mode. This happened after an "auto" upgrade of the client.

It does this on all three of our itouches (mine, the wife, and the kids). I do not want to ugrade simply because the upgrade is an option for the itouch consumer. I would rather think that melloware would update their product to fix these backward compatability issues with the old system (It WORKED with the old system) instead of forcing us to upgrade?

For my Itouch, I don't have a problem, but I don't relish upgrading my wife and kids and have something go wrong. I honestly feel that I shouldn't have to and that this problem should be fixed by melloware.
drock

Re: Itouch Client Broken/Downgraded?

Postby drock » Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:13 pm

nevermind, I see the other thread and apparently this is an Apple issue born from the release of the 4.0 Apple OS's.

[delete]
drock

Re: Itouch Client Broken/Downgraded?

Postby Melloware » Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:46 pm

drock wrote:nevermind, I see the other thread and apparently this is an Apple issue born from the release of the 4.0 Apple OS's.

[delete]

Correct. I will mark this closed.
Melloware Inc.
Melloware
Site Admin

Postby drock » Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:32 pm

Even though this is an Apple Issue, Melloware should at the "least" provide some level of support to fix this problem. Not everyone wants to (nor needs too) update their OS to version 4.x for just one application. I know from the thread that you guys have nothing more that you can do to fix this problem beyond telling your user base the real issue and explaining to them why they need to upgrade. I have yet to see that anywhere on this forum and I think not telling your users the issue and having them figure it out for themselves is well, just a little more than cowardly.

As a windows developer myself, I cannot count on both hands and feet the number of times that Microsoft has done this by coming out with the "latest and greatest" and breaking base functionality so I sort of feel for you guys *cough*DCOM*uncough*. But it doesn't change the issue.

It sort of sucks all the wind out of those Apple commercials and it is as I suspected: The more use the Apple platform sees, the more (same) kind of issues will occur.

I just finished updating my Itouch (and from my previous posting, I have 3 to update for the entire family) and let me tell you that it took well over 2 hours to do so. I realize that you guys are sort of locked into Apples development strategem but still, that does us users no good to hear yet another company tell us that the solution to the problem isn't theirs and that they need to reload their idevice (computer) with the latest OS.

And by the way, the latest OS did work on my Itoch Gen 2 Upgrading from 3.1.3 to 4.2 so it is definitely a difference in the Itouch OS's.

Regards,
Dave
drock

Postby Melloware » Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:40 am

Dave,

I totally agree with it being frustrating. But all I have is the Integrated debugger for Xcode IDE that iOS SDK provides on my mac to debug and troubleshoot the issue. As I said it happens on NONE of my devices in both realtime or in the debugger. So my guess is it is something related to the iTouch and specifically iTouch 3.1.3 and I am starting to suspect even certain production runs as I have others with iTouch 3.1.3 that do not report this issue.

So I really don't think I am being cowardly. I am nothing but transparent to my users as you can see from my forums and my responses. Agree? What would you have me do to not be cowardly? I could just pull it off the iTunes Appstore for any OS 3 device and that would solve the problem from my end but i think others would call that "cowardly".

I am simply saying there is clearly a bug in iTouch 3.1.3 and it is nothing I can code around or diagnose. Does that make sense?

I guess I am asking since you seem to be a developer and have a lot of opinions...if you were me what would you do if there was a bug you could not reproduce in any environment? I would be happy to take whatever course of action you recommend...
Melloware Inc.
Melloware
Site Admin

Postby jownzee » Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:15 pm

Hello having same problem crashes when trying to go to landscape 3g iphone, how can it be fixed , payed good $$$ for have the use :(
jownzee

Postby Melloware » Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:35 am

jownzee wrote:Hello having same problem crashes when trying to go to landscape 3g iphone, how can it be fixed , payed good $$$ for have the use :(

It is fixed in iOS 4. Apple broke the functionality in 3 when they released the iOS 4. Upgrade to iOS 4 and your troubles will dissappear.
Melloware Inc.
Melloware
Site Admin

Postby jownzee » Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:53 am

Sauron wrote:Where did you get the 2.7.8 version? i'm having the same issue with ipod gen 1.

Has any found a cure for this problem i have the same trouble no landscape just crashes. :(
jownzee

Postby jownzee » Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:16 am

Melloware wrote:
jownzee wrote:Hello having same problem crashes when trying to go to landscape 3g iphone, how can it be fixed , payed good $$$ for have the use :(

It is fixed in iOS 4. Apple broke the functionality in 3 when they released the iOS 4. Upgrade to iOS 4 and your troubles will dissappear.

Ok thanks for the reply i will update to ios4 and hope it fixes it :)
jownzee

Postby Melloware » Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:33 am

iOS4 definitely fixes it...
Melloware Inc.
Melloware
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Intelliphone